- Over med-high heat, melt 2 Tablespoons of Butter in a large sauce pan
- Once the butter is melted, add 1/2 Cup of chopped Onion
- After the onions have cooked until they’re soft, add 3-4 cloves of minced Garlic
- After only a minute or so, add 2 Cups of Milk
- Stirring constantly so that the milk does not scorch, cook until the milk is good and hot.
- Add a 4oz package of Goat Cheese and stir constantly until the cheese is fully incorporated.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
* You’ll want to wait and salt at the end because the goat cheese itself will be rather salty. To this sauce, you can add sautéed mushrooms, fresh chopped parsley and even some cooked white (or navy) beans to add variety and depth of flavor. Serve over pasta or use for a baked casserole. It’s a rather versatile sauce!