This is a simpler version of the Roasted Salsa Verde that can be used in a pinch when you need to whip up a green salsa with only a little bit of time.
- One can of crushed tomatillos
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 Cup of chopped cilantro
- Juice of 2 Limes
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream (optional)
It’s pretty straight-forward: combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Remember to add salt at the end only if needed– many times the canned tomatillos are already salted. The flavor of the salsa will develop as it sits, so set aside for a while if you have time.